Christmas Windows in Rundle Mall
There are 10 gorgeous window displays.
Giant Christmas Tree
Head into the city and watch a 15-minute light display on the Giant Christmas Tree in Victoria Square (Tarntanyangga). The tree lights up at 8.30pm during the Christmas Season.
Kids will also love running through the water fountain on a warm evening, so pack a spare change of clothes!
Christmas Lights Around Adelaide
We all love seeing houses with beautiful Christmas light decorations. See the City of Adelaide guide for the Best Streets to see Christmas lights around Adelaide: www.cityofadelaide.com.au/christmas
Lights Of Lobethal
The Lights of Lobethal Festival is back in 2021 with the lights to officially switch on from Sunday 12 December. Created by the community of Lobethal, this much loved Christmas festival has been lighting up the Lobethal Valley in the Adelaide Hills for over sixty years.
Adelaide Christmas Cracker Trail
Download the Christmas Cracker Trail app and go into the city to find hidden surprises this festive season! There are 14 Christmas activities waiting to be discovered across the CBD and North Adelaide, revealing Christmas quizzes, jokes, badges to collect, selfie filters and augmented reality experiences. This is one of many fun family events happening across the city as part of Adelaide’s Christmas Festival.
The impressive Lego Sleigh is coming back this year! Stay tuned to the City of Adelaide’s website to find out when.
New to the city this year is Bauble Canopy, an art installation by Atelier Sisu. Hanging baubles that reflect light during the day and light up at night will line both Peel Street and Vaughan Place to create a spectacular display this festive season.
For extra details on all of the above and more information on the City of Adelaide’s Christmas Festival visit www.cityofadelaide.com.au/christmas
YPH Team’s bad Christmas jokes…
We mean really Bad!
- How do elves clean Santa’s sleigh on the day after Christmas? They use Santa-tizer
- Why are Santa’s reindeer allowed to travel on Christmas Eve? They have herd immunity
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Justin. Justin who? Justin time for Christmas cookies!
- How can you tell if Santa is real? You can always sense his presents?
- What is Santa’s favourite type of music? Wrap!
- What’s worse than Rudolph with a runny nose? Frosty the snowman with a hot flush!
- What do elves post on social media? Elf-ies!