The Accessible Housing Association Incorporated and the Intellectual Disability Accommodation Association Incorporated have merged to form a new company called YOURPLACE HOUSING LTD.
YOURPLACE HOUSING LTD commenced trading on 2 December 2019.
We are currently working on the content of the website which will be launched in early 2020.
Please use our contact details should you wish to contact the staff at YOURPLACE HOUSING LTD.
COVID-19: A message from the YourPlace Housing CEO
I am writing to inform you of the approach that YourPlace Housing is taking in response to the impact of the COVID-19.
YourPlace Housing has implemented a number of measures to minimise the spread of the virus and is committed to doing what we can to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, tenants, service delivery partners and the community. Given the advice from Commonwealth and State government health experts we are limiting our tenant and property management services to the provision of essential services only.
YourPlace Housing will monitor available information and will change our approach in accordance with advice from health experts. The approach that our employees will adopt involves all staff practicing social distancing, keeping person to person contact to a minimum and observing personal hygiene practices.
YourPlace Housing has implemented a number of work practices, in accordance with advice from health experts which are likely to be in place for at least 6 months. These include:
- Closing our office to visitors
- Employees working largely from home
- Increased use of technology to enable employees to fulfil their roles safely and productively
- Home visits to conduct tenancy inspections have been suspended, the only circumstances under which a tenancy officer will meet with a tenant is to facilitate them moving into a new tenancy
- Contractors will continue to be engaged to respond to emergency maintenance
- The planned maintenance program will be delayed and maintenance work will only occur following a risk assessment, to ensure that person to person contact is minimal and within the social distancing guidelines
This is a difficult and challenging time for all Australians and YourPlace Housing is committed to providing a safe and secure home for our tenants.
Sally Sinor, CEO
YourPlace Housing LTD