South Australians on low or fixed incomes can access a range of concessions to help with household and other expenses.
Have you applied for a concession for your utilities?
If you hold a card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs you can apply for a concession on your utilities. To find out more please ring the Hotline or visit the webpage. Details are below:
- Concessions Hotline: 1800 307 758
- Concession Finder: Visit website
If you meet the criteria and are eligible for concessions on your utilities click on one of the links below to download a concession form or complete an application online:
Concession Application Forms
- Concessions Energy, Water, Sewerage, Cost of Living Concession
- Water and Sewerage Rate Concession: Apply Online
Click on the link below to access Consumer and Business Services Water Charging Fact Sheet:
Save Water in Your Home
Inside the average South Australian home, the greatest amount of water is used in the bathroom (20%) and toilet (11%).
In your bathroom:
- Take shorter showers – you can save up to 11 litres of water every minute by installing a water efficient shower head.
- Check for a leaking toilet cistern. Put food colouring in the cistern. If the colour shows in the toilet bowl without flushing, you’ve got a leak.
- Turn the taps off when you’re brushing your teeth, washing your hands and shaving.
For more information visit www.sawater.com.au
For more information visit: www.sa.gov.au
Save Power in Your Home
There are easy actions you can take to save water, energy and money around your home. The South Australian Government has released handy information booklets on saving power in the home.
Be Energy Smart:
- Winter Heating Guide: Download PDF [1.2mb]
- Summer Cooling Guide: Download PDF [2mb]
- Do your own Home Energy Audit
Origin Energy has provided tips to reduce your energy consumption and save money in your home.
For this information visit: www.originenergy.com.au