Lentil Balls in Tomato Sauce
- 200g brown lentils
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp oats
- 1 lemon, zested
- 200g risoni
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 large vine tomatoes, diced
- handful of basil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan forced). Rinse lentils well, then simmer in boiling water for 15mins until soft.
- Fry the onion until soft, and allow to cool. Drain the lentils well and put in a blender with onion, mushrooms, oats and lemon zest. Pulse until mixture is combined (not mushy!). Season and roll into balls and place on line baking tray. Bake for 30mins, turning halfway.
- Make the sauce by frying the garlic for a minute and adding tomatoes with a splash of water. Simmer for 5mins. Cook the risoni and drain well. Season the sauce and stir in the basil.
- Add the balls to the risoni and spoon over the tomato sauce. Serve with a green salad.