What type of general community housing properties are available?
YourPlace housing has a range of 1–4 bedroom properties throughout the Metropolitan Adelaide area to suit single occupants, couples and families. We have a number of modified properties designed for people with mobility issues or those requiring wheelchair access.
How is Rent Calculated?
Rent for General Community Housing is assessed based on the income of all household occupants. Rent (excluding CRA) will not exceed 30% of a household’s assessable income or the Market Rent plus any applicable levies.
Am I eligible for General Community Housing?
To be eligible for Community Housing with YourPlace Housing, you must:
- verify that you live in South Australia or require want to reunite with family who reside in South Australia
- have an independent income
- not own or partly own residential property
- meet the income and asset limits
- not already be a community housing, public or Aboriginal housing tenant
- have a disability or be experience significant social marginalization which prevents you from accessing other housing options.
In exceptional circumstances a registrant who does not meet the above criteria may still be eligible and will be assess on a case by case basis in line with the SAHT Community Housing Eligibility Policy.
When vacancies arise, suitable registrants are shortlisted from the Community Housing Customer Register (CHCR). Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview with our Tenancy Officers to reassess their housing needs, the suitability of the property and the applicant’s compatibility with the immediate community. Selected registrants will be provided with an opportunity to view the property before a formal housing offer is made for them to consider.
Before a formal housing offer is made registrants will be required to provide proof of income, assets and any other supporting documentation to verify that they still meet the eligibility criteria for community housing and confirm their category of needs is accurate at the time of allocation.