YourPlace Housing would like to introduce three new members the pack: Sookie, Sam and Raztus, the very loved and spoilt cats of Bryan and Brett.
All three have been with Bryan and Brett since they were kittens and in fact Sam and Raztus were born under the bed.
The leader of this merry trio is Sookie who at 14 is the brother of Sam and Raztus who are both 12 years old.
All three enjoy an idyllic life, coming and going as they please. However, a strict curfew is in place since Sam went missing about 4 years ago. Where he went and what adventures he had is still a mystery but for now he is a very much a ‘stay at home’ cat.
The trio have their own little quirks:
- Raztus will only eat when her brother Sam eats with her and likes to hang out in her own room, yes, she has her own room
- Sookie enjoys sleeping on the bed
- Sam prefers to sleep on his own bed, he has two located around the house. He also regularly checks out the insides of the cupboards and has been locked in them on more than one occasion.
The cats are very intuitive and can sense when something different is going on especially when Bryan and Brett are going on holidays.
Raztus is on a diet since suffering from hyperthyroidism and will only eat tin fish. The radiation therapy for Raztus cost Bryan and Brett dearly but they say they will always spend the money if there is a chance to help their beloved cats.
There is a routine that Bryan and Brett adhere to (clearly, they are not the leaders of this pack!!). They are woken up for breakfast and then the cats head outside to start their day. Dinner is between 4–6pm and after that Sam and Raztus settle in for the night while Sookie goes out for an evening walk.
Did you Know ?
- Cats usually sleep around an average of 15 hours per day.
- This means that a cat spends roughly 70% of their lives sleeping.
- Must be nice to be a cat!