Help is on the Way
Are you moving house or just doing an annual clean out? Feeling a little overwhelmed about who may be able to assist with this daunting task?
Stop stressing, because Your Place Housing have some great contacts of organisations that specialise in pick up and removal of excess household items that are clogging up that precious extra space!
Most of us are aware that local Councils offer a hard rubbish kerbside pick up or a free dump voucher once a year. Contact your local Council to see what hard rubbish collection services they offer to their residents.
If you have items that the council will not take, or you simply cannot get them to a recycle yard you can call a company called Scrapaway who provide FREE pick up of suitable items for most suburbs across Adelaide.
Scrapaway will take items such as air conditioners, lawn mowers, whitegoods, car batteries and so much more. If you would like to know more about Scrapaway’s services give them a call on 0400 557 821 or head to their web page and see what they can do to help you!
Keeping your garden and yard clean and tidy makes your house and community look better.
It can also make your house safer by keeping away pests like mice, snakes and termites and reduces fire risk. Schedule some time to:
- Weed and clean your garden
- Prune flowering plants regularly will also ensure lots of blooms throughout the summer season
- Mow your lawn, trim edges, and remove weeds regularly. Long grass is a haven for snakes and mice. Tip: Don’t cut your grass too short as longer grass will wear better and prevent weeds.
- If you can, trim bushes and trees to keep them away from your house and public paths. Also keep them away from your doors and windows to improve visibility and reduce hiding spots for intruders
- Remove any rubbish or grass clippings to stop termites getting to the house
Above all take care of yourself.
When working outside in the heat make sure to stay hydrated, take frequent breaks, and always wear sunblock and protective clothing.
Are you unhappy with YourPlace housing services? Do you wish to make a complaint or appeal a decision made by us?
Regardless of whether it is a simple or complex issue, we aim to treat it seriously and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you wish to contact us about a complaint or appeal you can call us on 08 8351 8466, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or lodge online via our website: Go to Complaints, Appeals & Compliments section.
Just a reminder – please include your payment reference number with all banking payments.
Not sure of your number? Please don’t hesitate to call us on 8351 8466, and we will be able to advise you.